We offer our patients a full array of cosmetic treatments. We recently looked at how teeth whitening can brighten smiles, but we also have treatments that can address multiple esthetic issues. What benefits can bonding and contouring offer your smile?
Try Our Quiz on Bonding and Contouring Benefits
- True or False: We can perform bonding in one visit.
- True or False: The procedure can address multiple cosmetic issues.
- True or False: We can perform contouring in the same visit.
- True or False: We can use the procedure to reshape the teeth.
- True. The procedure involves cleaning the tooth and removing any decay. We may then gently etch the surface to help the bonding material adhere to the tooth as it cures. After applying the material, we cure it under a special light. Finally, we complete the procedure by polishing the tooth. The polishing helps the repaired area look more lifelike.
- True. We can use the procedure to repair chipped teeth, close any gaps between the teeth, and mask permanent discoloration (which may not respond to traditional teeth whitening). In just one visit, we can potentially transform your smile with this cosmetic treatment option.
- True. Contouring doesn’t involve adding a material. Instead, we gently buff the tooth structure, which allows us to reshape the tooth. In many cases, we can complete both procedures in the same visit.
- True. We can use contouring to reshape malformed or damaged teeth. The treatment can also remove any pits or grooves in the tooth surface, or dull overly pointed teeth. If you have any questions about our cosmetic treatment options, or if you would like to schedule a consultation, then please contact our office today.
Do You Have a Tooth in Need of Repair?
If you have a chipped or malformed tooth, then talk to us about our cosmetic treatments. We can restore the appearance of your smile in as little as one visit. To learn more, schedule a consultation with us by calling Coppertop Family Dental in Redmond, OR, today at (541) 923-5927.